Monday, January 24, 2011

Great Updates from author David Lowe! Keep up the good work!

Hi Kait,

 

Just a brief update on promoting A Dirty Game:

 

Press release – LJMU’s press office has contacted local and national media and are waiting on replies from national media (The Times Educational Supplement and The Guardian newspapers). We should hear something soon and once I have and a release is done, I will forward it onto you;

 

Twitter – worked out strategy. Rather than waste time following peop0le who may not follow me, I worked out how would be most likely to come back and follow me, who I could then promote the book too. Supporting my local soccer team, Everton I have contacted as many Everton supporters as possible on twitter and in a week went from 60 to 276 followers. As each one said they were following me I sent them a direct message promoting the book and this seems to have results as the sales on Amazon (mainly the UK site) have been consistent. After I have drained the Everton resource, being a member of the Labour Party (political party in UK) they will be next!

 

Facebook author’s site – in sending out a high number of friend requests I got a 30 day block due to my enthusiasm, now that has been lifted I developed a strategy of inviting 10 per day (70 per week) and asked current members of the author site to invite their friends to join, approaching 800 now and increasing;

 

YouTube: Later this week will have a promo video posted on YouTube. Had help from my students putting it together and they have top tips of how to get a high number of people viewing it. It looks really good and once I have the link I will send it to you, but once this is up there will be links to twitter and author facebook page as well as my website, that someone else has stepped in to help out in getting it finished.

 

Poster campaign: again with help of my students to coincide with the YouTube release, posters are going up locally to promote the work.

 

Other  areas we will work on is once the YouTube promo is done I will be contacting local radio etc as well as national media that run campaigns for those fighting terrorism. (Trust me, when you see it, have you Kleenex ready – it is very emotive and powerful).

 

Speak to you soon and hopefully Wed/Thurs should have the YouTube promo ready and I’ll send you then link.

 

Regards,

David Lowe, Author of " A Dirty Game:A David Hurst Story"

http://www.amazon.com/Dirty-Game-David-Hurst-Story/dp/1609118537/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1295920749&sr=8-1

 

 

====================

 

Strategic Book Group, LLC 

www.StrategicBookGroup.com    www.StrategicBookClub.com   

     www.StrategicBookPublishing.com     www.SBPRA.com    www.StrategicBookMarketing.com  www.StrategicBookAgency

 

ABOUT: Strategic Book Group provides book publishing, book marketing, and e-book services to over 10,000 writers around the world, employing 150 people who live throughout the US and work virtually through telecommunication. Strategic Book Group is experiencing over 30% growth per year, having published approximately 3,000 authors with almost 100 new releases per month. Our books are available through Ingram, the largest book distributor in the world, as well as in bookstores, through Amazon, Barnes & Noble and all online channels. Strategic Book Group attends and exhibits at the major book expositions in London, New York, China, and Germany each year.

 

To follow us on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/2cwerv7

To follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/StrategicBook

To follow us on Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3690863

 

No comments:

Post a Comment